Wednesday, September 10, 2014

More experiments



Here is some of the fabric I have made recently, experimenting with flour paste as a resist, and also using soft scrub with bleach to disperse the dye. I have done it over several times, to get layers of interesting results. I am still working on how to use these fabrics: getting too busy with details is not in my nature, but using the whole cloth doesn't seem right yet either. I think I have to keep it in the back of my mind while I come up with ideas.

Some things happen during the process: that orange streak, where did it come from? I love the way it looks.

2 comments:

  1. I love all your work, and I think your new "experiments" are fabulous. Today I bought some soft scrub with bleach so that I can experiment too. May I ask, did you stop the bleach action with something other than water and soap? And if so, what did you use?
    Thanks, Joan



    ReplyDelete

All images and works are property of Gail Baar, and cannot be used without her permission. ©