Saturday, April 7, 2012

Failure...or not?




Wow, at the end of the week I realized I had spent 2 weeks doing things that did not work. New ideas I had thought of that didn't go anywhere-I had to put them aside to think more about them. Another quilt where I had tried an idea, but maybe should have worked with it a little more. And a new idea for quilting a big quilt, that I hated, and didn't turn out at all very well on a quilt so big. New ideas are hard-and you really have to spend as much time working through them as you did on your ideas that worked. There are some quotes about success and failure; having to try and fail a lot to get to success.

But at least I am finding what works on quilting a big quilt-and my new idea for a smaller quilt is sitting in the back of my mind for awhile. In the meantime, I had other ideas I was itching to get to work on, and that can start next week. I didn't really have a sense of failure-just relief that it was over. And now I can get to that wonderful orange fabric I dyed and make something out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All images and works are property of Gail Baar, and cannot be used without her permission. ©