Friday, December 3, 2010

Organized Space, organized mind!



I have made another quilt in my square series, but found myself constantly being distracted by other shapes. I tried other quilts, but nothing worked out the way I wanted, so I am going to keep that shape in the back of my mind for the future. I am finding it so interesting to work with squares, and simple quilts. I can see myself sticking with this series, and staying away from other distractions for awhile. I was never able to stick with one series at a time, but now I see how I can work in a series, and just concentrate on that one idea. Going off into another idea seems to result in a less focused effort.

I have made changes to my studio space, and have moved the futon out to another room. I had space to put in a separate cutting table, and I love having a table that is taller and bigger, and I can cover it with cutting mats. I bought plastic containers for all my scraps, and have a separate one for each color: how organized!

2 comments:

  1. Taking over the house!

    Nice job on this piece. A little old but showing a little bit new. A more daring you! Color contrast really great! How big is it?

    ReplyDelete

All images and works are property of Gail Baar, and cannot be used without her permission. ©